Nothing brings together sandwich ingredients quite like a panini. They’re hot, gooey, and always filling. So for those autumnal evenings when you’re looking for something just slightly more elevated than your basic sandwich, give this spicy grilled panini a try.
- Ciabatta roll, sliced in half
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp red pepper pesto
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- Italian dry salame
- Roasted red pepper, sliced
- Fresh basil
- Place open ciabatta roll onto clean work surface.
- Spread the mayonnaise and pesto on the insides of the roll. On the bottom of the roll, top with a layer of ham, salame, one slice of Provolone Cheese, followed by a layer of roasted red bell peppers, basil and top with another slice of Provolone Cheese.
- Place the top of the roll on top.
- Toast in hot panini sandwich press until golden brown or cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
Equipment: Vantage CS panini sandwich grill set at 475ºF