Elevate your soft tacos and burritos by producing fresh flour tortillas. With a quick press on a dough press, you’ll have tortillas ready in seconds.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Baking powder
- 2 tbsp lard
- 1 ½ cups water
- Whisk the flour, salt, and baking powder together in a mixing bowl.
- Mix in the lard with your fingers until the flour resembles cornmeal.
- Add the water and mix until the dough comes together; place on a lightly floured surface and knead a few minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Divide the dough into equal pieces and roll each piece into a ball.
- Place your premeasured dough ball onto the center of your dough press and pull the handle down quickly for approximately 3 seconds and then release.
- Remove the tortilla and heat on a flat grill until lightly browned.
- Fill with ingredients and serve hot.
Dough Press Flex X2T (model #: PP2020) Set Temperature: 350ºF